Think flexible and grab-and-go. Plus don’t forget a key essential!
Here are a few tips of what to take with you so that you pack compactly and dress with confidence in paradise:
1. Non-wrinkling, grab-and-go
When you’re on-vacation and enjoying that laid-back vibe you’re not going to want to spend time thinking about your outfits. Having a few pieces that are easy-wear is essential. Think: “I can roll it up in a ball and it’ll still look good.” Some combination fabrics – including poly-viscose (more often than not made from bamboo fibres nowadays) and cotton-poly-viscose are cool and are designed not to wrinkle. C’est parfait pour quand je suis dans le sud en vacances!
Choose a couple of dresses that that easily transition from the beach to lunch, or from the pool to dinner.
Okay, you’re hungry, and tired from a bit too much sun and a possible cocktail before noon (uhum… no judging), you’re not going to want to go all the way back to your room to change. Think beach cover-up turned sundress. Dresses that can function as both are a great choice for your down-south wardrobe. Plus pop a bangle and some earrings in your beach bag and you’re all set!
3. Lightweight cardi or bolero.
What, you say? A cardigan down south? No, we’re not talking about a knit here. We’re talking about a super lightweight jacket or bolero that can be worn over your sundresses and other outfits.
Our BB Mesh-sleeved bolero is a perfect example of this - a little jacket that allows you to transition
easily from late afternoon to evening and dinner out without getting changed. It’s lovely to eat dinner on the patio and watch the sun go down, however the breeze can be a bit chilly. Don’t let it be an issue for you – come prepared! Our BB Mesh hoodie is a fun modern cover-up alternative.
So, what is your wardrobe pack-list?
- 2 sundresses (with at least one that can be rolled up and put in your beach-bag)
- A lightweight bolero or jacket
- A cotton or cotton-blend top and linen-cotton shorts for a day trip
- A bangle and a pair of earrings that go with the whole wardrobe
My recommendations for footwear?
- Shiny casualwear sandals (think metallic Birkenstocks or similar) that can be worn to the patio restaurant for lunch to dinner and out on a day-trip
- Non-scuff supportive flip-flops for the beach and pool
We hope that this helps you get ready for your time in the sun. Yay!
For other wardrobe suggestions and to see our full cruise wear selection please come and visit us or book an appointment (we do virtual too!).